Organised by Department of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology, SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur
National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Divyangjan, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India
State Level Conference on
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 – Implications for Persons with Disabilities
- To explain the provisions under the RPwD act of 2016.
- To sensitize and mobilize the stakeholders, as well as the government officials
- To focus on accessibility, empowerment and adoption of new technology
Components of the workshop(9 am to 4 pm daily)
- Rights of PwD Act of 2016
- Implications of the act for the concerned professionals
- Benefits to the PwD’s, under the Act
- Certification procedure
- Procedure for accessing & distributing rehabilitation aids and appliances
- Procedure of Registration of voluntary organisations under the Act
- Imparting Field-level skills.
- Registration fees is Rs 1000. Prior Registration is compulsory.
- The last date for Registration is 18 January 2019 Friday.
- The number of participants is restricted to 100.
- This activity qualifies for Twelve RCI credit pointsof RCI.
- Attendance at all sessions is compulsory, to get credit hours.
- The registration fee includes the registration kit, vegetarian lunch and refreshments during the sessions. Economical dormitory type stay can be arranged, on prior request and on payment, subject to availability.
- Last day for Registration: 18th January 2018(Friday)
Date: 23 January to 24 January 2019
Venue: SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Kattankulathur.